DIAMOND HEAT Moving Company
DIAMOND HEAT Moving Company is the name of the Parent and Student Crew for both the Diamond Sensations and Crimson Heat Show Choirs at New Palestine High School. Diamond Heat Moving Company operates only during Competition Season (January-March). There are roughly 6 adults and 6 students that comprise this team. We are a dedicated group of parents and students who work hard to ensure all equipment is transported safely and completely to and from each competition. We work together as a team to support both the Diamond Sensations and Crimson Heat show choirs.
For each competition day, the following actions are completed by the Diamond Heat Moving Company:
- Rent Equipment Truck for competition event.
- Pack all Competition Set Equipment, Instruments and Garments into Equipment Truck on Friday evening prior to a competition event. This is completed at the Auditorium loading dock, behind the auditorium.
- Drive the equipment truck to the competition location at the same time the buses and parents have departed.
- Arrive at the Competition Location along-with the students and buses.
- Unload and check all equipment, plus deliver garment carts to choir homeroom at competition location.
- Prepare equipment for first performance.
- Assemble approximately 30 minutes prior to the choir performance and line-up equipment in proper sequence.
- Transport equipment to the performance stage and complete final preparations for performance.
- Setup all equipment as quickly as possible and perform last-minute checks of the set and equipment.
- Remove all set equipment and instruments from the performance stage as quickly as possible.
- Return equipment to the holding area and prepare for the second performance, noting any changes in the set or instruments.
- Return to the holding area 30 minutes before the second performance and repeat the process.
- Once the second performance is complete, wait for determination of whether there will be an additional performance (night show). If neither choir qualifies for the night show, we pack up all equipment, instruments and garments, then transport back to the Equipment Truck, then load the truck for transport back to New Palestine High School.
- Once the truck has been returned to the high school, all equipment and instruments are unload and put away in the NPHS Auditorium.
- After the truck is unloaded, it is driven back to the Rental company.
The items highlighted in bold is where many parents are involved backstage at a competition. At most competitions, but especially at all ISSMA qualifying sites (and ISSMA State Finals), there are strict guidelines that a choir has 25 minutes to perform their show. The 25 minute time-limit includes all equipment, instruments and band coming onto the stage, the choir completing their full performance and then all equipment, band and instruments leaving the stage. There are lines marked on both sides of the stage where the clock is running inside the two lines. We strive to make sure our job is completed as quickly and efficiently as possible to allow the show choirs the maximum amount of time for their performances.
Before competition season begins, a group of parents meets with Mr. Beebe to determine the set design and any changes or improvements to existing equipment. This is never a 100% finished process as we work during the competition season to repair and restore or enhance the set equipment. We also may practice or rehearse prior to the start of the season, so we understand were all equipment goes and how it can best be loaded and transported.
If you have any questions or concern regarding this information, please contact Brian Miller at 317-414-1927, firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also send an Email to email@example.com
Please Note that any parent working with DIAMOND HEAT Moving Company should have completed and submitted a "Background Check" form for the Community School Corporation of Southern Hancock County. The link to the website can be found by clicking here. Any parent not completing a background check will not be allowed to accompany our students, due to safety concerns. In some instances it is found that the name is flagged, requiring further information. We discussed this at the August Choir Booster Meeting. The NPHS secretary will Email you if further background information is needed and there will be a fee of $12.95 that will need to be paid for processing. The CSCHC Background Check link indicates this information in the text at the top.
Thank you for complying with this requirement as we want to keep all of our students safe at all times.
If you want more information or are interested in helping Diamond Moving company during the competition season, please complete the contact form below. Note that we have a limited number of positions and we may not be able to use everyone who applies or is interested. We do have occasional need for "fill-in" help, so be aware that this is how we may respond.