Pendleton Heights Arabian Spectacular
Pendleton Heights High School
1 Arabian Drive
Pendleton, IN 46064
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Mr. Beebe provided the information in this attachment to the students
the week of January 16, 2018.
Diamond Sensations Clinic Performance Time: 8:30 am
Crimson Heat Clinic Performance Time: 10:30 am
Diamond Sensations Competition Performance Time: 4:00 pm
Crimson Heat Competition Performance Time: 6:00 pm
The full schedule for the day is available for below as a PDF attachment for you to reference. New Palestine Choir performance times have been highlighted, for your reference. If you plan to attend and you did not read the information under the "attending a competition" section and "a typical competition day" (or attend the January 8, 2018 parent meeting), you are strongly encouraged to read that information to make sure we are all on the same page. Here are a few additional points from information provided by Pendleton Heights for your information:
- All choirs perform in the same auditorium location. The "morning session" involves a workshop/clinic performance where schools may choose to perform without props or costumes, or they may choose to run their entire show. Choirs in the morning will receive judging feedback following their performance. Schools could choose to perform again in the evening competition.
- The afternoon/evening competition is a "one and done" setup. Both groups will perform one time, then the top choirs will receive trophies at the end of the day and both groups will again receive judging feedback.
- Note that this is the first year for Pendleton Heights to host a show choir competition. This is also the first time we have attended a competition with the format of a morning clinic and an afternoon/evening competition. Because this is the first year, we ask you to be patient with us and also patient with the host school as they run through this for the first time. Please be flexible if everything doesn't flow as advertised.
- A ticket (wristband) of $12 will allow you access to all sessions, including the morning clinic and evening competition. Children, age 12 and under, can purchase an all-day ticket for $7.
- Programs are available for $3.
- Recorded DVD's and Still Photographs will be available for purchase.
- The Pendleton Heights High School cafeteria will provide food options for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Concessions. No outside food may be brought into the school. Bringing food into the school could result in disqualification of point penalties for our choirs. Also, bringing outside food into the choir homeroom could result in the same penalty.
- Pendleton Heights indicates that NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY or VIDEO RECORDING ALLOWED. They may make announcements on site regarding photos or video and we ask that all New Palestine parents and guests abide by the rules of the host school, especially the flash photography. The light on or a flash going-off is a big distraction to the performers on the stage. We need all of our students 100% focused on their performance and having a good time, so we ask that you and your family and friends follow this rule and don't use a flash on their phone.
- There is a "video review" for the choirs, following the performance. As soon as they are finished with their show, they will watch the video, then the choirs will return to the homeroom for some feedback from the director and change out of their costumes. It will be at least 45 minutes after the performance before they will be available to speak with you or come back to the auditorium. If you paid for admission to the event, you are strongly encouraged to watch the next group after our choirs just for comparison.
- Some choirs at this event have chosen to perform only in the morning clinic session and not the afternoon/evening competition. Some schools have chosen to not participate in the morning clinic session and they are performing only in the afternoon/evening competition. The format of this competition allows for both of these options and not everyone participating in both the clinic and the afternoon competition. New Palestine High School has chosen to participate in both the morning and evening sessions.
- This competition happens to contain mostly small schools. If you are attending the event for Diamond Sensations - there are only two total choirs in their division. For Crimson Heat, there are many more choirs in their division. We will see most of these choirs again throughout the season and several of these schools will be our primary competition in an attempt to qualify for ISSMA State Finals. This should be a good start to the season with choirs primarily in our same competition class.
- While the two Women's choirs perform at the start of the afternoon/evening competition, all awards for both Women's and Mixed divisions will occur at 11 pm at the conclusion of the day.
- Awards at 11 pm should feature two members from all choirs that participated. Each choir will receive a participation trophy and there may be an award for each choir for "outstanding performer".
- Pendleton Heights is an ISSMA qualifier competition. The scores received by either Diamond Sensations or Crimson Heat can be used for submission at ISSMA finals at the end of the season. The best possible score received by either show choir is the primary objective of this first competition.
Click "Download File" to see the full schedule of the entire day at Pendleton Heights
Facebook Announcement posted on Thursday, January 18, 2018: