Fishers High School - Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational 2016
Fishers High School
13000 Promise Road
Fishers, IN 46038
Saturday, January 30, 2016
The itinerary to the left was distributed by Mr. Beebe to the students in class on Wednesday, January 27, 2016. There is additional information below for your reference. Please note the information below if you intend to visit the Fishers Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational as some of this information cannot be found in the document.
Clicking the PDF document will give you the full schedule for the entire day at Fishers.
If you are planning to attend this competition, here are a few additional points for your awareness:
- All Women's Show Choirs (and one Middle School) will perform between 8 am and 11:30 am, followed by "Women's Awards" at approximately 12:00 noon. The Mixed Show Choirs will perform between 12:30 and 4:30 pm, followed by the "Mixed Choir Awards" at approximately 5:15 pm. Trophies will be awarded to the top three finalists for both the Small School and Large School divisions.
- Unlike Twin Lakes that had only Small School Show Choirs, Fishers will feature a mixture of "Small School" and "Large School" choirs.
- The top three overall scores from the Women's Division and the top five overall scores from the Mixed Division will advance to "Evening Finals". Evening Finals performance order is drawn randomly and won't be known until the end of the two awards sessions. Diamond Sensations will know at approximately 12:15 pm if they have finished in the top 3 overall Women's Show Choirs and Crimson Heat won't know until approximately 5:30 pm if they finished in the top 5 overall Mixed Show Choir groups. If either group qualifies for "Evening Finals", both groups will remain onsite through the end of the day. Evening Finals runs from approximately 6:30 pm through 11:00 pm. Note that if neither group qualifies for night finals, then we will pack up and return to NPHS around 6:30 pm.
- The spectator entrance is door FH7, which is directly across from the Auditorium. All Show Choirs will perform in the Fishers High School Auditorium.
- Spectator parking is accessed just off 131st Street, just beyond the high school and next to the Football Field. Additional parking can be found on the other side of the school by the Baseball Fields. Please note that Fishers High School has other events going on during the day, so parking may be limited at different times.
- An adult admission ticket for $10 will allow you access to both all of the Women's and Mixed Show Choir "Day Performances" - through the Mixed Awards at 5:20 pm. An "all day ticket" to allow access to all performances for the entire day is $15. If you do not purchase an "all day" ticket for $15 upon your arrival and one of our choirs makes "Evening Finals" and you wish to say, an evening show ticket will cost another $10. There is no way to predict if either or both show choirs will reach Evening Finals. While we have already performed our shows twice in front of judges, this is likely the very first time some of these other choirs have performed their shows at a formal competition. Both groups always have a shot, but we don't know. Historically speaking, neither Crimson Heat nor Diamond Sensations has reached the "Night Finals" at Fishers in the previous 3 attempts - but we've been close at times. Student ticket (age 6 through high school) is $7 for either day or evening show, or $10 for the entire day. Children under age 6 are free. When you purchase tickets, please be aware of the differences in ticket prices for adults and students, plus whether you want "day session only" or "all day" as the greeters will prompt you.
- Once the door closes for a performance, it remains closed until the performance has concluded. We recommend you arrive in time to see the group before either Diamond Sensations or Crimson Heat to ensure you are in the auditorium for the performance.
- There will be no spectator video recording allowed at the Fishers Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational. Professionally-recorded videos will be available for purchase throughout the day.
- Fishers notes that they will have photos for sale. They don't indicate that you cannot take your own pictures, but if you use a camera or smart phone, they emphasize that "no flash photography allowed". They previously did not allow photographic equipment so perhaps that has changed this year. We request that you follow the rules and not use a flash if you take pictures. The flash is extremely distracting for our student performers on-stage and we need them to not have any additional distractions and to stay focused on their performance.
- After their performances, both groups will immediately go to a "video review" of the performance they just completed. They will then see the same 20+ minute performance. Following the video review, they will change, organize and hang-up their costumes, then return to the auditorium to see other performances or to the cafeteria for food. Please be aware that they will not be available to see you until at least the conclusion of the next show choir following their performance. In the Women's Division, Diamond Sensations is followed by Loveland (Ohio) who typically dominates most competitions they attend. Followed by Loveland is Noblesville who tends to finish near the top. In the Mixed Choir Division, Crimson Heat is followed by New Castle and Lebanon, who usually go to ISSMA State finals and finish right around the same spot as Crimson Heat. They should be a good measurement for Crimson Heat at this point in the season.
- Food. The school cafeteria will be open from 7 am through 10 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as concessions. No outside food may be brought into the school.
- Fisher Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational is an ISSMA qualifier (the second of the season). The scores received by either Diamond Sensations or Crimson Heat can be used for submission at ISSMA finals. After last week's great results at Twin Lakes, please keep in mind that the best possible score received by either show choir is always the primary objective of any competition and not making the Night Show.
Competition History and Notes:
- This is the 6th year of the Fishers Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational (started in January, 2011).
- This is the fourth time New Palestine Show Choirs have attended this event - we attended the first two years in 2011 and 2012 and again in 2015
- The 2014 event was impacted by a Winter Storm that occurred Friday night. Over half of the attending schools cancelled and Fishers adjusted the schedule to have just an afternoon/evening competition for the remaining choirs and no "Evening Show". The one performance determined the final position for the day. The top two finishers for the 2014 competition were Pike High School and Anderson High School - for both the "Mixed Choir" and "Women's Choir" divisions.
Here is the one-page summary posted to the Facebook Fan Page on January 28, 2016: