Fishers - Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational 2018
Fishers High School
13000 Promise Road
Fishers, IN 46038
Saturday, January 27, 2018
The itinerary to the left was distributed by Mr. Beebe to the students in class on Tuesday, January 23, 2018. There is additional information below for your reference. Please note the information below if you intend to visit the Fishers Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational as some of this information cannot be found in the document.
Clicking the PDF document will give you the full schedule for the entire day at Fishers.
If you are planning to attend this competition, here are a few additional points for your awareness:
- Unlike Pendleton Heights that had only Small School Show Choirs, Fishers will feature a mixture of "Small School" and "Large School" choirs. The one Middle School from Loveland, Ohio, will perform before Diamond Sensations. The Smaller Schools will perform in-order, ahead of the larger schools for both the Women's and Mixed divisions. Both Crimson Heat and Diamond Sensations are the first to perform in their groups.
- All Women's Show Choirs (and one Middle School) will perform between 8 am and 11:20 am, followed by "Women's Awards" at approximately 12:40 pm. The Mixed Show Choirs will perform between 12:55 and 4:30 pm, followed by the "Mixed Choir Awards" at approximately 5:05 pm.
- The top three overall scores from the Women's Division (both large and small school) and the top four overall scores from the Mixed Division (both large and small school) will advance to "Evening Finals". Evening Finals performance order is drawn randomly and won't be known until the end of the two awards sessions. Diamond Sensations should know at approximately 12:50 pm if they have finished in the top 3 overall Women's Show Choirs and Crimson Heat won't know until approximately 5:30 pm if they finished in the top 5 overall Mixed Show Choir groups. If either group qualifies for "Evening Finals", both groups will remain onsite through mixed choir awards. If Diamond Sensations is not chosen for Evening Finals, they will still stay following the Crimson Heat performance, through the Mixed Choir awards. Evening Finals run from approximately 6:30 pm through 10:30 pm. Note that if neither group qualifies for night finals, then we will pack up and return to NPHS around 5:45 pm.
- The spectator entrance is door FH7, which is directly across from the Auditorium. All Show Choirs will perform in the Fishers High School Auditorium.
- Spectator parking is accessed just off 131st Street, just beyond the high school and next to the Football Field. Additional parking can be found on the other side of the school by the Baseball Fields. Please note that Fishers High School has other events going on during the day, so parking may be limited at different times.
- This year, Fishers is not offering a "day ticket" and "night ticket" but one fee for all performances. An adult admission ticket for $15 will allow you access to the entire day. Student ticket (age 6 through high school) is $10 for the entire day. A Senior Ticket (age 65+) is $10 for the entire day. Note: For Seniors or High School Age Children tickets, ID may be requested. Children under age 6 are free. When you purchase tickets, please be aware of the differences in ticket prices for adults, seniors and students as the greeters will prompt you at time of purchase.
- If you have not been to a competition that features both large school and small school choirs, it would be worth your time to stay in the Auditorium and see the larger schools like Center Grove, Franklin Community, Noblesville or Carroll perform. These schools usually have fantastic performances and the Center Grove choirs swept this competition last year, both their Women's and the Mixed choirs winning Grand Champion, Best Vocals and Best Choreography, with Noblesville and Franklin Community finishing second and third. Center Grove will be the favorite to win overall Grand Champion again this year. Plus, Fishers is a fairly new high school and one of the best overall venues we will attend this competition season - comfy seats and a nice view of the stage is always a plus.
- Once the door closes for a performance, it remains closed until the performance has concluded. We recommend you arrive in time to see the group before either Diamond Sensations or Crimson Heat to ensure you are in the auditorium for the performance.
- There will be no spectator video recording allowed at the Fishers Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational. Professionally-recorded videos will be available for purchase throughout the day.
- Fishers notes that they will have photos for sale. They don't indicate that you cannot take your own pictures, but if you use a camera or smart phone, they emphasize that "no flash photography allowed". They previously did not allow photographic equipment so perhaps that has changed this year. We request that you follow the rules and not use a flash if you take pictures. The flash is extremely distracting for our student performers on-stage and we need them to not have any additional distractions and to stay focused on their performance.
- After their performances, both groups will immediately go to a "video review" of the performance they just completed. They will then see the same 20+ minute performance. Following the video review, they will change, organize and hang-up their costumes, then return to the auditorium to see other performances or to the cafeteria for food. Please be aware that they will not be available to see you until at least the conclusion of the next show choir following their performance. Both Diamond Sensations and Crimson Heat have Pendleton Heights performing immediately afterward.
- Food. The school cafeteria will be open from 7 am through 7 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as concessions. No outside food may be brought into the school.
- Fisher Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational is an ISSMA qualifier (the second of the season). The scores received by either Diamond Sensations or Crimson Heat can be used for submission at ISSMA finals. After last week's great results at Pendleton Heights, please keep in mind that the best possible performance and score received by either show choir is always the primary objective of any competition and not simply making the "Night Show".
Competition History and Notes:
- This is the 8th year of the Fishers Silver Spotlight Show Choir Invitational (started in January, 2011).
- New Palestine choirs last attended this competition in January, 2016.
Here is the one-page summary posted to the Facebook Fan Page on January 24, 2018: